Friday 16 April 2010

One of my new favourite groups: Rhyme Asylum


Ok, so my mates told me about these guys called Rhyme Asylum about a year ago, but I've only just got my hand on there album 'State of Lunacy'
And all i can say is that I wish I got it sooner.
Here's the wiki entry for the group:

'Rhyme Asylum is a hip hop group from London that formed in 2002. The group is composed of artists Possessed, Psiklone and Skirmish. Rhyme Asylum can also be associated with rapper Reain (aka Whashisface), who features on several of their songs and also paired with Possessed in the JumpOff Freestyle World Rap Championships in 2006. The group have been praised for delivering ground breaking, raw lyricis.'

UK hip-ho/Grime needs a crew like this! They have outstanding lyrical ability, very dark and distrubing content, and can paint a picture in your mind with every song.

I love every song on their first album State of Lunacy, my favourite probably being Poisen Penmanship.
They also have a big collabo on there with Diabolic, and on their up and coming album Solitary Confinement they have a track with Crooked,I!

"All powerful being during hours of sleeping, I levitate between the ground and the ceiling, Advance lifeform found in my semen, Haven't started to rap yet this is just the sound of my breathing"

No comments:

Post a Comment